5.8 earthquake hits L.A.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A magnitude-5.8 earthquake has struck just east of Los Angeles, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The quake's epicenter was about 2 miles southwest of Chino Hills and about 5 miles southeast of Diamond Bar, the USGS said. Chino Hills is about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

The center was about 7.6 miles deep. In general, earthquakes centered closer to the Earth's surface produce stronger shaking and can cause more damage than those further underground.

A 5.8 magnitude quake is considered by the USGS to be "moderate," which can cause slight damage to buildings and others structures. About 500 can happen globally each year, the survey says.

CNN's Ed Lavandera was at Disneyland with his family and felt the temblor. He said the shaking lasted about 5 seconds.

Comments

Unknown said…
I had just woken up and was trying to recall the details of my dream, one of which was a slight shaking I took to be an earthquake. As I was thinking about it, the earthquake hit down where I live, about an hour away, and the first thing I said out loud was "How the fuck did I predict that?" Maybe in my almost awake state I picked up on earthquake precurses like John Travolta in Phenomenon, which was on TV 2 days ago...?
iAdmin said…
Wow, collective consciousness at work!

Popular posts from this blog

French Female Isis Suicide Bomber Story retracted!

Nicolas Cage's syncromystic film: The knowing.

Boris Johnson has Coronavirus!